Tuned for clear, detailed, extended-range reproduction of lead and backup vocals, the premier Artist Series dynamic vocal mic is equipped with a rare-earth magnet, a tight hypercardioid polar pattern and multi-stage grille design. The microphone features a newly designed internal shock mount design to reduce handling and stage noise.
The hypercardioid polar pattern of the microphone is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful for controlling feedback, reducing pickup of unwanted sounds and providing isolation between performers.
The output of the microphone is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector.
The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing. Its multi-stage windscreen effectively controls popping, distortion from sibilant
sounds and wind noise. The included AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads. A soft protective pouch is also included.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Durable performance for professional applications
- Newly designed superior internal shock mounting reduces handling and stage noise
- Rare-earth magnet for articulate vocal reproduction
- Multi-stage grille design offers excellent protection against plosives and sibilance without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp provides silent, flexible microphone positioning
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
Operation and Maintenance
Output is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot”— positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc. For a high-impedance (Hi-Z) mic input, connect a Lo-Z balanced cable to a Hi-Z matching transformer at the equipment input.
When using the microphone in settings with a stage monitor speaker, the speaker should be located 135° off axis (45° off the rear of the microphone). This placement, in conjunction with the microphone’s uniform hypercardioid pickup pattern, will virtually eliminate the possibility of undesired audio feedback.
Take care to keep foreign particles from entering the windscreen. An accumulation of iron or steel filings on the diaphragm, and/or foreign material in the windscreen’s mesh surface, can degrade performance.
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||40-16,000 Hz|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||–55 dB (1.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|WEIGHT||270 g (9.5 oz)|
|DIMENSIONS||177.0 mm (6.97") long,
48.0 mm (1.89") diameter
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||T6|
- ATM610a - Hypercardioid Dynamic Handheld Microphone
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter
- AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands
- soft protective pouch
- U.S. Two-Year Limited End-User Warranty