Professional 2800-Watt Lightweight Stereo Power Amplifier with ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) Technology Professional 4,000-Watt Stereo Power Amplifier with ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) Technology.
Power amps have always been heavy, mainly because of their massive transformers and heat sinks. Behringer new EPX Series amps are based on groundbreaking switch-mode power supply technology, which eliminates the heavy transformer. As a result, these amps weigh about 40% less than their conventional counterparts. In fact, the EPX2800 and EPX4000 are just 22.3 lbs (10.1 kg) each, so you can practically lift them with just one finger. Best of all, EPX Series amps are super-reliable and provide even tighter bass performance than their predecessors, since they can deliver ultra-high peak currents on demand.
- 2 x 1400 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 800 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2800 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR, 1/4'' TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and ''touch-proof'' binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for more flexibility
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- “Back-to-front” ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- ''Built-like-a-tank'', impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
In a Class of Their Own
The secret to the EPX Series’ incredible power-to-weight ratio is the use of a switch-mode power supply combined with Class-H topology. Because they work on demand, instead of operating continuously at full power, switch-mode power supplies are much more efficient than traditional power supplies. And since they don’t require the massive transformers and heat sinks typically found in conventional power amps, they are significantly smaller and lighter, yet still deliver ample power.
Think of a Class-H amp as being similar to a car with two engines (in amps, we call them “rails”). One engine runs all the time. The other runs only when musical peaks demand the extra power output. An EPX Class-H amp only generates a fraction more power than is immediately needed, while the output stage operates at its maximum efficiency all the time. And just like in today’s hybrid cars, the efficiency of this dual system is far greater than having just one engine or rail that has to operate continuously.
Accelerated Transient Response Delivers the Knockout Punch
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That’s called Transient Response and it’s the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, EPX amps can react instantly to even the most demanding electronic bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
BEHRINGER didn’t invent Class-H technology, but our R&D Department has been working for years to perfect our own version, creating lightweight amps that run cool and achieve our goal of Accelerated Transient Response.
Everything You Need
The simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power Button, the POWER LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials, as well as CLIP LEDs that notify you when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also SIGNAL LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
The EPX Series’ INPUTs accept balanced XLR, ¼ " TRS, and unbalanced ¼ " TS and RCA connections. Take your pick of professional locking speaker outputs or touch-proof binding posts to securely connect speakers.
A panel of switches located on the back off ers an array of cool options applicable to both channels. The switchable Clip Limiter lets you get even more out of the amplifier without overdriving either it or your speaker system. Built-in circuitry automatically senses when the amp is being overdriven into “clipping” and instantaneously reduces the input level just enough to avoid clipping distortion.
The rear panel also contains a switch that allows you to put these amps to work in mono, stereo (two-channel mode) or bridge mode, which is always mono. A built-in CROSSOVER switch lets you put the amp into biamp mode, which sends low-frequency content (<100 Hz) to the CH2 Output and the high-frequency component to CH1 automatically, no external hardware required.
BEHRINGER’s EPX Series amps are built for the working musician. They are much lighter than conventional power amps, pack massive power, feature built-in crossover and limiter circuits, and can withstand the rigors of the road. Plus their light price tag will leave money in your pocket to buy more stuff to amplify! Check out the EPX2800 and EPX4000 today to find out why BEHRINGER power amps are among the most popular on Earth.