Firewire 18-in/8-out audio interface with four Focusrite mic preamps
Focusrite’s Saffire range of Firewire audio interfaces underlines the fundamental features that distinguish the sound quality of Focusrite interfaces from the rest and make them class leaders: superb analogue/digital conversion quality, thanks to painstaking attention to detail in component choice and circuit design and Focusrite’s award-winning mic preamps, designed specially designed for our computer interface ranges with experience going back 30 years, to deliver clean, transparent sound with minimal noise and distortion. Click here to learn more about the keys to Focusrite interface superiority. Saffire interfaces are compatible with any DAW on Macintosh or Windows, and with the included Red 2 and Red 3 AAX plugins, make a perfect partner for Pro Tools.
Saffire PRO 26 is an 18-in, 8-out 24-bit/96kHz Firewire interface designed with the professional user in mind. Its four award-winning Focusrite preamps along with the latest in A-D/D-A conversion technology combine with the powerful Saffire Mix Control software to deliver professional sound quality, flexible routing options and rock-solid reliability. Saffire PRO 26 is ideal for both recording and live applications.
Three decades of audio excellence
With three decades of experience in analogue audio equipment design, Focusrite is renowned for producing some of the industry's most popular preamps, channel strips and audio interfaces. Focusrite began in 1985 when Sir George Martin approached console design legend Rupert Neve to create new modules for AIR Studios. Those modules became the foundation of a range of top quality professional audio products that has gone from strength to strength over the intervening years. At the heart of Saffire PRO 26 lies this reputation for impeccable sonic integrity, true to Focusrite's core belief that ‘Sound is Everything’.
Comprehensive, professional I/O
Saffire PRO 26 offers a total of 18 inputs and eight outputs, allowing for an astonishing level of flexibility and versatility. The four mics inputs have switched phantom power; two also include line inputs, accessed via XLR/TRS combination sockets. Two additional TRS line inputs are provided along with a pair of instrument-level inputs on the front panel. Eight channels of ADAT digital input provide connectivity for external multi-channel preamps such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII, vastly expanding the number of available mic inputs. Two channels of digital S/PDIF inputs enable connections to additional digital-equipped outboard equipment, while stereo 'loopback' allows two channels of audio to be routed from software applications directly into your DAW. The six rear panel TRS line-level outputs are perfect for multi-channel playback, mixing and monitoring, while there are two independent headphone outputs on the front panel. Two channels of digital S/PDIF outputs are also provided.
Sturdy, portable design – perfect for studio, mobile and live
Designed with both recording engineers and live performers in mind, Saffire PRO 26 comes in a sleek yet sturdy chassis that will sit neatly on your desktop or fit easily into a bag for transport. Built to last, Saffire PRO 26 can withstand the harshness of the road – or the rigours of daily studio use. What's more, thanks to Saffire Mix Control - a control software application that runs on the host computer - Saffire PRO 26 is just as powerful in live applications as it is in the studio. The ultra-low-latency 26x8 DSP mixer/router features flexible output routing and monitoring for custom monitor mixes, as well as intuitive one-click presets to help you set up your session as quickly as possible, whether you're tracking, mixing or monitoring.
Included software gets you going immediately
Saffire PRO 26 ships with a comprehensive software bundle, so you can start recording straight out of the box. Included is a free DAW – Ableton Live Lite – along with Focusrite's professional Midnight and Scarlett plug-in suites, Novation BassStation virtual synthesiser and 1GB of Loopmasters sample content.
Four Award-winning Focusrite Preamps
Focusrite's unparalleled preamp heritage lies at the heart of Saffire PRO 26, which includes four award-winning preamps, helping to make it the best-sounding interface in its class.
Precision 24-bit/96kHz conversion and pristine analogue audio
Precision A-D / D-A conversion with JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology; pristine digital & analogue audio quality and reliable synchronisation.
Keep your USB Buses Free
If you're connecting multiple USB devices to your computer such as external hard drives, mice and keyboards then streaming audio over a separate FireWire port will allow you to keep your USB ports free and reduce the possibility of interference with other devices.
Comprehensive I/O – 18 inputs and 8 outputs
A host of I/O options is provided, including four mic/line pres, two of which have high-impedance instrument capability and 8dB pads, plus two additional TRS inputs; two independently-controlled headphone outputs, six TRS line outputs and a 'loopback' facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
Expand your interface with up to eight extra analogue inputs
ADAT optical input allows extensive input expansion of your interface – expand Saffire PRO 26 with up to eight additional preamps or line inputs. Pair Saffire PRO 26 with Focusrite's OctoPre MkII eight-channel preamp and instantly transform your interface into a 12 preamp unit.
Connect directly to your Firewire port for bus power – extremely useful for live or mobile recording applications.
Dual headphone outputs – multiple monitor mixes
Give multiple artists independent, fully customised monitor mixes – two with independent headphone sockets and front-panel level controls.
5-Segment LED metering
Use the six front-panel LED meters to accurately monitor input levels when recording.
Solid build quality in a portable chassis
Saffire PRO 26 can sit neatly on your desktop, or will fit easily into a bag for mobile recording or live performance usage.
Comprehensive Software Bundle
Included is a free DAW in the form of Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite's professional Midnight and Scarlett plug-in suites, Novation BassStation virtual synthesiser and 1GB of Loopmasters sample content.
- 2 x Line/Instrument inputs (line inputs also available on rear panel)
- 2 x Headphone outputs with independent volume controls
- Main monitor volume control with dim and mute switches
- 6 x 5-segment LED input metering
- 2 x 8dB pad switches on inputs 1 & 2
- 2 x line/instrument switches on inputs 1 & 2
- 2 x Phantom power switches (1-2) & (3-4)
- 4 x gain knobs for preamp gain
- 2 x XLR microphone inputs
- 2 x Combi XLR/TRS Mic/line inputs
- 2 x Additional Line inputs
- 6 x balanced TRS outputs
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT input
- FireWire 400 port
- Power supply input
What comes in the box?
- Saffire PRO 26
- Power supply
- Getting started guide
- Software bundle code card
- FireWire 400 - 800 cable
- A-D Dynamic Range: 109 dB A-weighted (all inputs)
- D-A Dynamic Range: 109 dB A-weighted (line outputs)
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD + N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise (NiPoS): 90 dBFS (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum Input Level: +8 dBu at 1% (A-weighted)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD + N: < 0.001% (measured with 0 dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise (NiPoS): 90dBFS (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum Input Level: 28.5 dBu at 1% (A-weighted)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD + N: -1 dBFS, min gain, no pad 0.0015%
- Maximum Input Level: +8dBu (min gain, without pad)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- Maximum Output into 32R: +12.4 dBu (+10.2 dBV)
- Power into 32R: 250mW
- Output Impedance: < 7 Ohms
- Load Impedance: > 24 Ohms
Line Level Outputs
- THD + N: <0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum Output Level (0dBFS): 15.7 dBu at 0.883% (A-weighted)
Additional Conversion Performance
- Clock Jitter: < 250 picoseconds
- THD + N AMPL: -109 dBFS (A-weighted)
- 1 x FireWire 400 Socket
- 2 x Standard 5-Pin DIN MIDI Connectors
Weights and Dimensions
- Weight: 2.98kg
- Height: 108mm
- Width: 273mm
- Depth: 470mm
- Saffire PRO 26
- 12 V AC adaptor (PSU)
- 1.6 m 6-pin to 9-pin FireWire cable (also known as a IEEE1394 cable)
- A5 Getting Started booklet
- Important Safety Information document
- Product Registration card, allowing download of the following software:
- Saffire MixControl
- Ableton Live Lite
- Novation Bass Station Plug-in
- Focusrite Scarlett Plug-in Suite
- 1GB of Loopmasters Sample Content
Professional 20 in / 20 out Firewire interface with eight Focusrite preamps. Pro Tools READY.
The Saffire PRO 14 is an eight-in, six-out audio interface with legendary sonic performance and unmatched flexibility at a truly affordable price. The latest in Focusrite’s new generation of Firewire audio interfaces, the Saffire PRO 14 is designed to make home studio recording and mixing easy without sacrificing audio quality.
Saffire PRO 24 is the best sounding interface in its class, attentively designed with recording musicians and the modern home studio in mind.