The Sound of Scarlett - and more of it
Scarlett OctoPre gives you eight additional inputs. It's the ideal way to expand your Scarlett - or any other interface with an ADAT input.
- Eight 2nd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Eight balanced line inputs
- Focusrite A-D conversion up to sample rates of 192 kHz
- Dual front-panel instrument inputs
- Pad on every channel for extra headroom - ideal for loud sources such as drums
- Eight balanced line outputs, suitable for live use
- Accurate 5-segment LED input metering
- ADAT connectivity via optical cables
- 48V phantom power available on every channel for condenser mics
- Included software bundle (Focusrite Red 3 and Softube Time & Tone Bundle)
- Digital clocking with Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination
Eight Scarlett 2nd Generation mic preamps
Scarlett OctoPre features eight 2nd Generation Scarlett mic inputs - balanced line inputs too - all running through Focusrite precision 24-bit conversion at up to 192 kHz resolution with 109dB dynamic range.
Dual front-panel instrument inputs
Two high-headroom instrument inputs will handle high output guitar pickups and are right there on the front panel for easy access.
Plenty of headroom. Pads for the most extreme inputs
With high-headroom inputs and a pad on every channel, Scarlett OctoPre is ideal for tracking drums as well guitars, keyboards, vocals - and more.
Outputs for live or stand-alone use
Eight balanced line outputs, sourced directly from the inputs allow Scarlett OctoPre to be used in a live situation whilst capturing the recording via the digital ADAT output.
ADAT is a simple and easy way of expanding your analogue inputs. ADAT uses inexpensive "light-pipe" optical cables to carry up to eight channels of audio. Just connect the ADAT output on the OctoPre to the ADAT input on your interface, set your sample rate and clock source and you're ready to go. ADAT input is available on many Focusrite and third-party interfaces.
Need D-A/Outputs as well as Inputs? Compression?
If you need more inputs as well as more outputs check out the Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic - everything you see here, plus eight channels of pristine D-A conversion and analogue compression on every input. It might be just what you're looking for.