Native Instruments Maschine Mikro
Overview | Groove Production Studio
MASCHINE MIKRO is the perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE, giving you tactile, hands-on control for beat production, sampling and performance. This latest addition to the family has the same powerful software and 6 GB+ sample library as its big brother, as well as the same responsive pads on a more compact and portable controller. MASCHINE MIKRO makes a perfect addition for any production setup - get hands-on with your rhythms and grooves both in the studio and on the stage.
MASCHINE MIKRO is a professional music production tool, combining the flexibility of software with the immediacy of hardware. Create rhythms, bass lines, chords and melodies, and build tracks on-the-fly with the intuitive, clip-based sequencer. MASCHINE MIKRO also gives you a high-performance sampler, professional effects and full support for VST® and Audio Units™ plug-ins. What’s more, you can also run MASCHINE MIKRO as a plug-in in your DAW.
If you are a user of iMASCHINE - NI’s on-the-go beat sketchpad for the iPhone and iPod Touch – you can import your iMASCHINE projects to MASCHINE MIKRO to finish your ideas in your home studio.
More than 6 GB of production-ready samples, patterns, and effects for all styles, with drums and basses plus dynamic synth and instrument sounds – many created by renowned artists and producers – and a range of dynamic studio-quality effects are included. Select sounds using MASCHINE MIKRO’s super-simple browser and start playing immediately. And if you need even more, get an extra boost for your library with MASCHINE EXPANSION.
MASCHINE MIKRO gives you direct access to your favorite Native Instruments or 3rd party VST or Audio Units plug-ins, to further expand your instrument and effect arsenal. Start your collection with the free copy of KOMPLETE ELEMENTS, with over 1,000 stunning sounds – all seamlessly integrated and fully browsable in MASCHINE MIKRO – and discover even more with your included $30, 25 € e-voucher redeemable in the NI Online Shop.
Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2 GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM
- Audio Units™
- RTAS® (Pro Tools® 8 and higher)
- Core Audio™
Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions
USB 2.0 Port, 11 GB free disk space for complete installation
This product runs in demo mode after installation and must be activated before full functionality is available.
General Interface Specifications
- Width: 320 mm / 12.6"
- Length: 195 mm / 7.7"
- Height: 55 mm / 2.2"
- 1.2 Kgs / 2.6 lbs
- One high-contrast black and white display 64 x 128 pxs
- 16 high-quality, illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch
- One master knob for controlling numerous functions
- 28 backlit buttons
- USB 2.0
- Kensington Lock
MASCHINE MIKRO combines the power and flexibility of MASCHINE software with a fully integrated portable hardware controller.
- Most software functions can be controlled via the hardware , providing a hands-on workflow
- When you’re working in your DAW, MASCHINE MIKRO adds a new dimension to your project - explore grooves and rhythms in a fun and intuitive way - just like a hardware groove box
- Total recall of all parameters either in standalone mode or as a plug-in means you can instantly dive back into your project
- Frequent software updates means MASCHINE MIKRO continues to evolve to meet your needs
Clever shortcuts on the MIKRO hardware controller provide quick access to key functions in the MASCHINE software, which are also easily accessed via the computer’s mouse and keyboard.
- 16 highly-sensitive back-lit pads with velocity and after-touch
- One master knob for several software functions
- One high-contrast, 128 x 64 pixel black-and-white display
- 28 backlit pads for clear visual feedback in the studio or on stage
- Bus powered hardware via USB 2.0, plus Kensington lock
- Weighs only 1,2 Kilograms
With MASCHINE MIKRO you can easily create and arrange patterns using the built-in sequencer.
- Two modes: XOX drum machine step sequencer and MPC®-style live recording
- Clip-based concept for intuitive arrangement of your project into scenes and songs
- Classic groove box functions such as 16 velocity levels, swing (sounds, groups, global), pad-link and note repeat
MASCHINE MIKRO is based on a high-performance sampler, allowing audio recording of internal or external sources (sound card required), and precise sample playback.
- Sample-length and number of samples only limited by your computer's RAM capacity
- Polyphony up to 32 voices for each sound, with choke, legato and glide options
- Powerful slicing via transient detection, fixed grid, or equal splits with automatic pad assignment
- Destructive sample editing (e.g. truncate, normalize, reverse, etc)
- Convenient import of your own samples, REX2 files and MPC® programs
- Vintage Sampling Modes emulating the sound of the MPC60® and SP1200®
- Supports up to 24-bit , 192kHz audio when using a high-quality audio interface like KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
PLUG-IN HOSTING - KOMPLETE 8 INTEGRATION
MASCHINE MIKRO hosts any VST® or Audio Units® plug-ins from Native Instruments and 3rd party manufacturers.
- MASCHINE MIKRO hosts any VST® or Audio Units® plug-ins from Native Instruments and 3rd party manufacturers
- MASCHINE MIKRO supports the new 'NIS' NI sound format - browse and load the presets of all KOMPLETE 8 versions directly from the MASCHINE browser
- One instrument and up to 4 effect plug-ins can be opened in each sound slot - 16 sound slots are available in each of the 8 groups
- Sampler, effects and plug-in parameters can be automated within the MASCHINE software
- Get started using the new hosting possibility with the included REAKTOR, KONTAKT and GUITAR RIG PLAYER plug-ins and sounds from KOMPLETE ELEMENTS
SAMPLE LIBRARY AND BROWSER
An easy–to-use browser lets you tag your own imported samples and gives you instant access to any sound from the extensive MASCHINE library.
- Over 6 GB of sounds including 18,000 samples, 7,000 one-shots, 400 loops, 300 drum kits with 1,400 patterns, 388 sampled instruments, 170 FX, multi-FX presets, and 60 demo projects
- Contains multi-sampled acoustic instruments including pianos, organs, strings, brass and more
- Browse and load projects, patterns, kits, sounds, and effects with dedicated shortcuts from the hardware, including all KOMPLETE 8 presets
- Swap kits while keeping patterns: try out your beat with new sounds
MASCHINE MIKRO's built-in effects section contains a powerful arsenal of studio-quality effects to shape and supercharge your sound.
- 22 high-quality effects - from standards such as reverbs, filters and EQs to creative tools like Grain Delay, Ice Verb, and Freq Shifter
- Chain up to four effects at once, or select a sampler or VST® , AU® instrument, followed by three chainable effects
- Easily use NI or 3rd party VST® , AU® effect plug-ins within MASCHINE, e.g GUITAR RIG PLAYER amps and effects
- Use the MASCHINE software as a VST, AU or RTAS plug-in inside your host sequencer
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE MIKRO retains all of its capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI files directly to your DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE’s sound slots
- Conveniently bounce songs or individual patterns as 8-, 16- and 24-bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW
- Instant navigation: Open several instances of MASCHINE MIKRO in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using a single controller
- Run MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO in parallel as two independent VST, AU or RTAS plug-ins with in your host DAW - for additional tactile control in the studio