USB Midi Controller Keyboard 49 Keys
SL MkII is the advanced range of USB/MIDI controllers from Novation. They have been designed to give you complete control over your music making software. Novation has worked with each of the main DAWs to make sure each of the 56 knobs, faders and buttons control the things in your software that you need them to control including directly access to your plug-in instruments and FX (you also get an Italian made, semi-weighted keyboard mechanism).
- High quality professional keyboard - Velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard with assignable after-touch. Italian made keyboard mechanism plays like a musical instrument rather than a computer accessory
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback - Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons provide instant visual feedback
- Giant 144-character LCD screen - Long LCD screen is large enough to show the name and value of entire rows of knobs, faders or buttons, instantly displaying what each control is assigned to
- Huge array of touch-sensitive controls - Touch any knob or fader and all information (name and value of whatever it is controlling) will appear on the LCD screen above it
- Automap 4 control software - SL MkII comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, knobs (encoders and pots) and other controllers
- Connectivity - SL MkII can be USB powered, with expression and sustain pedal inputs as well as MIDI in and out ports for connecting external MIDI instruments
Italian-made keyboard: Incredible feeling professional keyboard
Velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard with assignable after-touch; the Italian made keyboard mechanism plays like a musical instrument rather than a computer accessory. SL MkII comes in three sizes: 25, 49 and 61 keys - as well as a keyless "ZeRO" version which is a compact desktop DAW controller minus the keyboard mechanism.
Automap 4 control software: Spend more time making music, less time reading user guides
Many MIDI controllers have knobs, faders and buttons, but using them is difficult and time consuming! SL MkII (as with all Novation controllers) comes with Automap control software. This gives you instant mapping to the things you need to control, meaning you can make full use of faders, knobs and buttons on SL MkII to get hands-on with your DAW and plug-ins.
To find out more about Automap click here.
144-character LCD: Large screen shows exactly what you are controlling
SL MkII's massive LCD screen displays information about what each knob, button and fader is controlling. It is large enough to show the name and value of entire rows of knobs, faders or buttons, instantly displaying what each control is assigned to. The screen lines up with controls so you can identify what control is assigned to which bit of your software without having to look at the software GUI.
Intelligent Controls: Back lit, LED-ringed, touch-sensitive controls
Illuminated controls provide feedback information about what controls are doing. For example LED rings around encoders tell you the position of your filter cutoff, and back-lit buttons will indicate whether a track is muted or not.
Each pot, encoder and fader is touch sensitive so by simply touching the control you can bring up information about that entire row of faders on the LCD screen without having to move the control and lose your settings.
Works with all major DAWs and plug-in instruments and effects
Novation has worked with major music software manufacturers to ensure SL MkII gives you instant hands-on control. In addition to the major DAWs, SL MkII & Automap 4 have been specially designed to give you full control of 3rd party plug-in instruments and effects, like Native Instruments, UAD or FXpansion.
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Xpression Pad (as on existing SL)
- Xpression Stick (as on existing SL)
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
The central system buttons from the SL have been simplified; there is now:
- 1 Automap button with LED to toggle Automap mode on and off (this replaces the PLAY button) – this way, manual MIDI mode is separate from Automap mode and can be avoided completely if preferred
- Template and Edit modes have been combined into one edit mode, for editing both individual controls and overall settings within one Template
Rear Panel connections are as follows:
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX – Not Class Compliant)
- MIDI: MIDI ONE: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI TWO: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USB
Minimum Operational Requirements:
Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard and Snow Leopard (32-bit kernel only) also supported) or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 and Windows 7 32/64 also supported)
Minimum Computer spec:
- Mac - G4/1GHz with 256MB RAM
- PC - Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)
- Size: W=803mm, H=68mm, D=293mm
- Weight: 5.2kg
- Novation 49 SL MkII 49-Key Remote MIDI Controller
- USB Cable
- Xcite+ Bundle
- 1-Year Warranty
- Included software:
- Novation Automap software
- Ableton Live Lite
- 4GB Loopmasters content
Carmen Rizzo took NovationTV around his studio, which features the SL MkII among other Novation gems! Watch the video.
SL MkII and Logic
Video exploring the integration of the SL MkII and Logic Pro. Watch the video.
SL MkII and Pro Tools
Video exploring the integration of the SL MkII and Pro Tools. Watch the video.
Controlling scenes and clips in Ableton Live
This support tutorial video shows you how to use the assignable controls on the SL MkII to navigate between and launch scenes and clips in Ableton Live. Watch the video.
Controlling Ableton Live
A brief look into the SL MkII with Ableton Live and Automap 4, including mixer, plugin and transport controls. Watch the video.
Controlling Logic Pro
A brief look into the SL MkII with Logic Pro and Automap 4, including mixer, plugin and transport controls. Watch the video.
Controlling Cubase and Nuendo
A brief look into the SL MkII Controller with Cubase, Nuendo and Automap 4 including mixer, plugin and transport controls. Watch the video.
Controlling Pro Tools
A brief look into the SL MkII Controller with Pro Tools and Automap 4 including mixer, plugin and transport controls. Watch the video.
The bag is ideally suited to fit the Novation Nocturn 49. It has a front pocket for a laptop, with ample room for a 15” Mac or PC, in addition to side/front pockets for microphones, headphones and other cables. The bag has a top handle for hand carrying as well as a shoulder strap.
USB Midi Controller Keyboard. Launchkey is a range of keyboard controllers with up to 50 physical controls including 16 velocity-sensitive multi-colour launch pads that trigger clips and scenes in Ableton Live. As well as enabling hands-on control of your DAW’s mixer, transport and more, Launchkey is an integrated software/hardware instrument. The control surface has been designed to work tightly alongside two intuitive apps for iPad: the Launchkey app and the Launchpad app - plus the powerful V-Station & Bass Station synth plug-ins for Mac and Windows.
INTELLIGENT PLUG-IN CONTROLLER FEATUING AUTOMAP TECHNOLOGY. Nocturn gives you instant hands-on control of your plug-in instruments and FX. Nocturn comes with Novation's Automap control software, which allows you to take instant control of your plug-ins by just clicking on your software and touching a knob or button! The crossfader has made Nocturn a favourite amongst laptop DJs. you can assign the buttons to cue and loop points, and use the knobs to control EQ or DJ effects.