The DDJ-S1 allows for easy transfer of music from the user’s laptop with a USB connection for simplicity and quick “plug-and-play” capability with Serato DJ Software. For additional convenience, the controller also comes with a space saving computer dock that allows a laptop’s keyboard to slip directly under the controller, enabling its monitor to be closer to the DJ to provide fast visuals of song information while mixing. The device adopts Pioneer’s “P-LOCK Fader Cap,” designed to prevent the fader caps from slipping.
- Plug and play USB connectivity with 2-channel deck control
- USB power through a Mac or PC
- Now compatible with Serato DJ Software (requires software download and firmware update)
- Serato DJ Software adds a range of features and functionality including Slip, Hot Cue Fader Start, Roll and audio effects from iZotope
- Multiple input and output options
- Laptop doc structure
- Track song progress with easy-to-read LED display
- Optimized controller for highest quality sound
- P-LOCK Fader Cap lock mechanism design
- Built-in Needle Search pad enables direct access to specific parts of a track
- Premier built-in sound card
- 2 mic inputs equipped with talk-over function
- Plug-and-play USB Connectivity – All buttons and knobs have been pre-programmed for Serato DJ (after firmware update), so users can quickly connect the controller to their laptops with the use of a USB cable, enabling them to start their performances without having to adjust any complicated settings. Additionally, the DDJ-S1 can be powered through the laptop’s USB port.
- Multiple Input and Output Options - The controller is equipped with various inputs and outputs including a balanced XLR output and 2 Microphone inputs (XLR, 1/4 inch PHONE) for connection to professional PA equipment.
- Designed Specifically for Serato DJ Compatibility – The DDJ-S1 offers tight integration with Serato DJ software. Serato DJ improves functionality and performance of the DDJ-S1 and adds a range of creative features/functions including Slip, Hot Cue Fader Start, Roll and audio effects from iZotope. Current owners of the DDJ-S1 can update from Serato ITCH to Serato DJ at no cost (DDJ-S1 firmware update Ver. 1.10 also required).
- Professional Layout – The controller offers the same operability and functionality of Pioneer's professional players and mixer setup. The controller includes 115 mm diameter jog platters, master level meters and channel meters for ease-of-use.
- Laptop Doc Structure - The controller is designed for slipping the keyboard of a laptop beneath the product, to bring the monitor closer to the DJ for better visuals of song information.
- Track Song Progress - The DDJ-S1 allows the user to track the progress of a song on its easy-to-read LED display. The built-in Needle Search pad enables direct access to specific parts of a music track with a simple touch of the pad.
- Highest-Quality Sound – The controller is optimized for Serato DJ software and incorporates technology from Pioneer’s professional line of DJ equipment to ensure the highest quality sound output.
Additional Features include:1. Proprietary lock mechanism called the P-LOCK Fader Cap designed to prevent fader caps from slipping.
2. Premiere built-in sound card.
3. Both microphone inputs are equipped with a talk-over function to lower the music volume when receiving voice input from the microphone.
ncluded software: Serato DJ Software
Input terminals: MIC x 2 (top XLR / 1/4 inch PHONE x 1, front 1/4 inch PHONE x 1), AUX x 1 (RCA)
Output terminals: MASTER OUT x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, mini pin)
Other terminals: USB B connector x 1
Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less
Included AC adapter: Power 120 V AC 60 Hz, rated output 5 V DC
External dimensions: 26.8 in (W) x 3.7 in (H) x 12.5 in (D)
Compatible OS: Mac OS X (10.4.11, 10.5.11, 10.6 or later), Windows® 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate, Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional (SP2 and later), (Note: is not compatible with Windows® XP Professional x64 edition)
- AC Adapter
- Power Plug
- USB Cable
- Operating Instructions