The XDJ-AERO, the industry’s first* Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers2. The XDJ-AERO enables users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via included DJ software. As an added benefit and convenience, the XDJ-AERO can also create its own wireless access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
- Industry's First DJ System using Smartphones & Tablets via Wi-Fi
- Wide range of onboard effects including jog drum, Sample Launch, and more
- Can be Used as an Independent 2-channel mixer
- Two Automatic Mixing Functions
- Record Your Mix Directly to a USB Storage Device
- Slim and stylish design
Pioneer created a special mobile application for various smart devices that enables wireless connection and transmission of music to the XDJ-AERO via Wi-Fi. The XDJ-AERO can identify up to four devices as sources for music playback. The system can also access audio tracks on a computer (PC) through the use of the included Pioneer rekordbox® music management software.
For added convenience and expandability, the system is equipped with audio ports for connecting other sources such as Pioneer CDJ players, and can even be used as a standalone 2-channel mixer. For creative music playback and unique mixing capabilities, the system offers a new built-in jog control, audio effects and more.
- Jog Drum – Launch, scratch and manipulate samples by simply turning or tapping the jog platter.
- Sample Launch – Includes four built-in sounds: Scratch, Horn, Siren and Laser.
- Beat Effect – Four additional effects including Trans, Flanger, Echo and Roll can be added to currently playing music.
- Sound Color Filter – Each channel of the mixer includes Pioneer’s popular Sound Color Filter which can be added to music at any time.
The XDJ-AERO also features two automatic mix functions, Beat Sync3 and Auto Mix. With Beat Sync, a press of the “Sync” button synchronizes the music loaded in each player on beat with matching beats per minute (BPM). In the Auto Mix mode, playlists created on a smart device using the special mobile application, computer or USB memory device are linked together with cross-fade4 or fade-in/fade-out effects. For added convenience, the system also lets users record their mixes directly onto a USB storage device in WAV format.
The XDJ-AERO combines two digital players and a mixer into a single slim and stylish unit, taking similar design cues from Pioneer’s highly popular professional CDJ digital players and DJM mixers. The unit also features a smoke-colored acrylic panel, blue and white LED illumination and low-profile jog platter and control buttons.